I'm Anne Bachewich, a professional dog training instructor, dog trainer, and dog groomer. I have been training dogs since 1999, when I learned how to train my rescue dog who was fearful and fear aggressive, in order to go places and do dog sports with her.
I started my career as a training pro by providing basic dog training classes in my rural area for locals residents. I have been teaching humans about dog training professionally since 2003.
In 2006 I added boarding to the business, and all breed dog grooming in 2007.
During this time I also fostered many dogs privately and for a local rescue, trained dogs for people, did behaviour consultations for many clients and taught rally, basic manners, agility, tracking, tricks, and canine disc to many many people. In 2016 I closed the grooming and boarding parts of the business.
I now make training videos, do online and in person training instruction and write articles/books on dog training, specializing in Livestock Guardian Dog training and dogs who are considered "less intelligent", difficult, or "stubborn".
I work with farmers and ranchers to assist them with their working dogs so that they are able to be more confident in their dog's role on the land.
I also coach serious beginner students in grooming and dog sports.
I use positive reinforcement to train - without the use of corrections, physical or psychological intimidation or fear.
- achieved over 70 titles in competition in many different dog sports and through several different titling bodies.
- dog grooming training through JKL Dog Grooming School
- Canine First Aid Certified through the Pet Professional Guild
- Certified Fun Scent Games Instructor Level 2 (FSG2) through DogNostics
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor (CTDI) with the "Do More With Your Dog" Association.
Visit my YouTube channel